It’s no secret that good lashes make the eyes pop! With inventions like lash extensions and mascara, many are enjoying the difference beautiful eyelashes make to their face and favoritemakeup looks. However, some have been left out of the fun because of the allergens in these products. Thankfully the newest lash focused invention, lash lifts, offers an alternative for people allergic to lash extension adhesive or mascara.
Lash Lift vs Lash Extensions
Lash care grew in popularity over the years. With several lash enhancements available in the beauty industry, lash extension is one of the most popular options. It is more widely known and accessible than lash lifts.
Differences between Lash Lifts and Extensions
It is good to know the differences between lash lifts and extensions to choose the best option for your tastes. Most lash extension lovers want different styles for each look with as little hassle as possible.
Lash extensions offer:
- different styles, curl and thickness,
- various lengths from 6mm to 17mm,
- materials: synthetic, silk, mink, and faux mink,
- application options in lash strips, individual lashes, and the new magnetic lashes.
All of which give clients several options to create their desired lash volume and length.
Even though lash extensions offer temporary and semi-permanent options, clients can have the same desired look with mascara and a lash lift. It enhances one’s natural lashes, by lifting them in a more flattering style. Natural lashes tend to drop after a few hours or after contact with water. Lash lifts offer longer-lasting results than using lash curlers and wearing mascara only.
Lash Lift Process Tips
The lash lift process takes approximately 45 minutes to assess, clean, and lift the lashes. Costs for this service vary between $75- $150 based on the expertise of your aesthetician. Some combine this service with a lash tint, which will influence the total service cost.
Lash Lift Pros and Cons
- The lift gives a similar look to wearing mascara
- Lasts approximately 6-8 weeks
- Enhances natural eyelashes
- No need for eyelash curlers
- Easier mascara application
- Less costly over time than other lash-enhancing services
- Easier maintenance when compared other lash services
- Over-processing can damage lashes
- Doesn’t allow you to wear lash extensions
- Uses chemicals
Overall, lash lifts offer a safer alternative for those allergic to lash glue. Give it a try!